Monday, September 3, 2007

Let the SWAPS begin!

Alright, so I have never understood the concept of swaps. I know many people that participate in MANY swaps, and I just never got it. I make cards. Why in the world do I need a collection of other people's cards? Right? Well, I have been sucked in. I kept reading posts about swaps on SCS (a serious addictions of mine) and decided a few weeks ago to participate in a demo swap. It was really fun! I still don't know what I will do with all of the cards - although my mother has graciously offered to take them off my hands! lol
Anyway, I really enjoyed sharing my work, and seeing the ideas and styles of other demos first hand. So, I have decided to participate in 2 more swaps this month - heck, I needed something to keep me busy, right?
Here are the cards I am planning for the swaps - unless I change my mind a hundred more times before they are due.


















This first card uses my new FAVORITE set, Garden Whimsy. I really REALLY love it, and have been dying for an excuse to play with it. I am really happy with the way this one turned out - fun and happy . I used the following ingredients:

STAMPS: Garden Whimsy, Whimsy Wheel
Paper: Soft Sky DSP, Soft Sky, Purely Pomegranate, Groovy Guava.
Inks: Purely Pomegranate, Groovy Guava.
Accessories: Pomegranate Double Stitched Ribbon, Ticket Corner Punch, Three For You Punch, Rectangle Handheld Punch, Two Way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Sponge Dauber, Dimensional Adhesive.



I also think I will swap this card. Some of my customers may recognize this one - I did a variation of this card at my Christmas Card class last year, and it has always been a favorite. I love to make it, and thought it would be a fun one to share!






The ingredients for this one are:

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Aida Cloth, Hugs and Wishes.
Ink: Ballet Blue, Always Artichoke, Elegant Eggplant.
Paper: Glossy White, Always Artichoke, Elegant Eggplant, Ballet Blue.
Accessories: Brayer, Ticket Corner Punch, Silver Brads, Silver Elastic Cording, Sponge Dauber, Signo White Gel Pen, Dimensional Adhesive.

To create the background on this card, I brayered the glossy cardstock with Ballet Blue Ink over the top 2/3 of cardstock, moving quickly to blend the color before teh ink dries so that the snow and sky meet smoothly. I added snow to the trees with the Signo Gel Pen. Trees are "stamped off" to add dimension.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Girl you are a true artist with that rubbah! These are incredible . :}