Tuesday, September 4, 2007

What a Day!!

And since I have no one else to whine to at the moment, guess what! You get the joy of hearing about it. It's not all bad, but I am beat! My 8 year old son, Ethan, is sick. He has been complaining since Friday of a stomach ache. Now, no big deal you may say...but this is Ethan. And Ethan has an abnormally high tolerance for pain. Last year by the time he let us know that he was sick, he required a week in the hospital, and surgery. And when he broke his thumb, we did not realize it until the next day when he woke up and his hand was a purple balloon. So if he says it hurts, I have to assume it is serious! For the first couple of days, he just whined that he had a tummy ache, but by last night, he was crying and I got pretty worried. I opted not to take him to the emergency room on a holiday, given that he had no fever, no other symptoms, and I figured they would just send us home - but then I spent all not worrying. I took him in today, and they feel it is just a virus, and he will be fine - whew! But in the meantime I called in sick to work for the first time - and feel rotten about it, and I have not slept - which means I am really not my best. Oh well - tomorrow is a new day!


Some of the day was great though - it was Lauren's first day of preschool. She was so excited!! We set her hair in rollers last night just for something new, and boy, how cute!! She is so independent, didn't even bat an eye when I left her. I am so proud. Here she is looking cute as a bug! I just wanna squish her. She is such a big girl!!

Well, this is a stamping blog - not a tell you my life story blog, so I am off - maybe I can turn the day around completely by spending the rest of it stamping! Have a great day!

No comments: