Thursday, September 20, 2007

Emerging Fall Colors

Okay, I love this technique! I have been wanting to try it for several days, and finally found a little time yesterday to play. I love fall colors, and love the way this flower turned out in these shades. You can find the tutorial for this technique, called "Emerging Color" here.



I followed the tutorial above, however with a slight modification for this card. Before stamping the colored images, I used the brayer to add More Mustard ink to the Whisper White cardstock, so that my focal image flower would have color as well. This stamp set, Fabulous Flowers (should I say it is my favorite???), is perfect for this technique.

The ingredients for this card:
Stamps: Fabulous Flowers, All Holidays
Cardstock: Whisper White, Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red, Really Rust, More Mustard
Ink: More Mustartd, Ruby Red, Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive (classic and craft), Versamark
Ribbon: Chocolate Chip Taffeta
Accessories: Clear embossing powder, Brayer, Heat Tool, Ticket Corner punch, Rhinestone brads, Dimensional Adhesive, Sponge Dauber

No comments: