Monday, January 7, 2008

Update on us and a new layout to share...

So what's new around here? Well lovely sunny California has been seeing some pretty rough weather! Having lived here all of my life, when people talk about "big storms" it has never meant much to me - but Friday got a little scary. We lost a 30+ foot tree in the back yard, and a good portion of our fence with the winds - There were things flying everywhere, and still today driving around the roads are filled with debris, and the evidence of the storm is everywhere...there are still people with power out as well. I have seen trampolines on roofs, basketball hoops IN cars - It really has made me count my blessings. I am so grateful that I don't live in a place where storms like this (or much worse) are something to worry about all the time!

In other news - can you believe we are sick, AGAIN! What is UP! My daughter (who got the worst of it last time) is sick. I took her to urgent care yesterday, and she has a virus that causes painful ulcerations at the back of the throat - the poor thing is in so much pain! They gave her lidocaine to numb it so that she can swallow and be able to eat and drink. Unfortunately I woke up at 3am today with the ulcers on my throat - guess I will be stealing her meds until I can get to the doctor! The good news is that the doctor said that it is not airborne, and so it spreads with direct contact (kissing, sharing drinks, etc.) only - so it is okay to work and go to school. She is staying home today as she feels pretty rotten, but I can suck it up and work - I hate calling in sick!

Thinks are looking promising on the job search for DH - I hope you are still keeping us in your prayers, we really need them! We hope to have good news soon.

I did finish a new layout this weekend. I am really quite pleased with this one. I have been looking for MONTHS for a "winter" paper in pinks to use for these great photos of Lauren on our snow tip last year. I finally found these and I just LOVE them! I bought several snowflake embellishment options, but most of what I found was just not quite "right" - so the large snowflakes I made myself - I love how they turned out! I used a brass snowflake stencil with translucent embossing paste. For the white snowflakes I added glitter, and the blue I added pearlex powder and glitter. The exacto work was a little time intensive, but I love how delicate and shimmery they are!!


The supplies used here are:
Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants Designs - Holly Jolly line
Cardstock: Bazzill
Sugar Coated chipboard alphabet - Doodlebug Designs
Small snowflakes: EK success; Large snowflakes - Lasting impressions stencil, Dreamweaver Embossing paste, pearlex powder and Stampin' Up! glitter
Rhinestone brads: Stampin Up!
Ric- Rac: found at target $1 spot!

2 comments:

Lesli said...

Great LO's - so sorry to hear your family is ill - I hope everyone gets better soon.

scrappinsarah said...

Love this LO...I want to use that glittered chipboard now!