Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!




I hope you all have had a peaceful and joyful holiday, and had an opportunity to spend time with those you love! I know you will forgive me for not posting for so long -- this has been a crazy month. I can honestly say that I am DELIGHTED that the big day is behind us, and we can all enjoy the rest of the season at a slower pace!

What's new around here? Well, sadly my family has been sick. Lauren especially - she came down with a fever and cough on Wednesday night last week, and is still fighting with it. Fever is finally gone, and a Sunday trip to urgent care revealed ear infection in both ears (including a possible perforation in her left ear drum - trust me, it is not a relaxing day when you wake to find your child bleeding from the ear!) She has also had to be on breathing medication --this seems to be helping a lot and she is getting back to her busy self. The other kids and DH have had a milder version - so far I am okay, sure to get sick just in time to return to work! But despite the germs and such, we managed to have a very nice Christmas! Perhaps the lower energy level is what made things more peaceful!

My children are very well loved (ok - spoiled) and were very happy children on Christmas morning! I am hoping that this keeps them busy and quiet the rest of the week, so that I can enjoy my scrappy new toys and do some creating!

In other news, my husband went for another job interview last week, and has been asked back for second interviews for both positions he has applied for. Our fingers are still crossed - hope yours are too! I am so hopeful that our new year starts out with this new journey and new opportunities that will bring us to a brighter future together!

Well, I guess that is all for now... I hope that you have a wonderful day!

No comments: