Thursday, November 15, 2007

"Miss You" Layout

I completed this layout today. This one took me a few days - both because I ruined the paper once, and because the subject matter was a little emotional for me.

I decided that since I am trying to stretch myself creatively, that the best way to do that was to really challenge myself. And since most of my layouts are of happy beautiful children playing, this was indeed a challenge. But one that has been in my head for quite a while, and since I am scrapping for ME, this made the most sense to start with. I caught myself crying quite a bit over the past few days as I worked through this, but I am really happy with the results.


Patterned Paper, Die Cuts and Stickers - Cosmo Cricket; Chipboard letters - Heidi Swapp; Chipboard Flourishes - Deluxe Designs; Ink - Stampin' Up!; Journaling font - Anke Calligraphic

Journaling Reads:
The Truth is, I am all right.
Sometimes we lose the people that we love,
And it is difficult and painful,
But we move forward, and it is okay.
I am okay.

But that does not mean that I don't miss you.

When one of the kids laughs or smiles, and the expression
Reminds me of you...That is when I miss you.

When I think of something funny, and I know that it
Would make you laugh...That is when I miss you.

When I think about how truly amazing my children are,
And I think how proud of them you would be, and I wish that
I could share them with you...That is when I miss you.

When my computer is having trouble, and I NEED you here to
Help me figure it out...That is when I miss you.

When your beautiful granddaughter, who never had the chance
To meet you, but so very clearly KNOWS you, starts crying
Because she "misses her grandpa"...That is when I miss you.

When I am walking in a store, or at work, or around the neighborhood
And I see someone with a moustache like yours,
Or hear someone with a laugh like yours,
Or catch the scent of someone with a scent like yours,
That is when I miss you.

Every Day. That is when I...
(MISS YOU)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love this! It sure seems like you are not having any problems getting on track! You should enter this one into the Cosmo Cricket contest at www.createmykeepsake.com I think you would win!