Saturday, August 28, 2010

See....I did come back :)

I told you I would! I am really proud of myself, as I have been sticking with my goal of regular stamping and although I wish I could do even more, at least I am doing something!

Mostly I am working on ideas for upcoming classes, this always keeps me on track, so making sure I have something scheduled will keep me in my scrap room for sure! I have an "Asian Inspiration" stamp a stack coming up, and have been designing asian inspired cards for the last couple of weekends. I love all things asian, and have made quite a few that I really like -- now the difficult part will be narrowing it down to the 5 I think will work best for a SAS! That is always the hardest part for me! Since I have really only been stamping stuff for classes, and since blogs are boring without photos, I guess I will give you a little peek at a couple of the asian cards I have designed. If you have an opinion, share it! Maybe it will help me decide if these two should make the cut for the class...

Although I rarely use retired products for classes, for my asian SAS I found that in order to get a variety of cards, I needed to - we only have a couple of current sets that are truly "asian" available at this time - however I have dozens in my collection, so I had a great time playing with some old favorites!

This first card uses the set Dream Gardens, as well as retired Background Bamboo II and sentiment from Essence of Love. The techniques used here include embossing, masking, and brayering. I saw a number of cards using this set with similar brayer techniques that helped to inspire this card over at splitcoaststampers.com - I love finding inspiration there!


This next card uses the Retired stamp sets Asian Artistry and Embrace Life, and sentiment from Fabulous Phrases. I used Watercoloring and a Paper Lantern technique which adds an asian flair in my opinion - I love the Rich Razzleberry, Pink Pirouette, Pear Pizzaz color combo!



Thanks for looking :) Have an amazing day!

No comments: