Saturday, August 2, 2008

Okay, I know...

I am a serious blog slacker!! I apologize for not updating sooner...life has been... yes let's say it together...CRAZY! We made it back from our amazing trip, and things have not settled down since! I have not even had a chance to edit the photos yet, but I promise I will share them (and the scrappy pages I create with them) soon. We went to Niagara falls - it was gorgeous! And we had a great time toodling around Western NY - I am so amazed at how absolutely beautiful it was there, and I just loved the small town feel and gorgeous old homes in the town we stayed in. I LOVED IT there! The wedding was lovely, and it was an all around good time.

Since we got back, I have been trying to recover the lost sleep from travel weariness, and keeping really busy with work. I have done a little scrapping, and have one page to share with you today.



This layout is of my daughter Lauren with her cousins Adeline and Lily on Lauren's 5th birthday. My husband brought home a gigantic cardboard box from work and made it into a castle - the girls had so much fun playing in it! And aren't they just the cutest little things ever!

I created this layout using patterned papers from GCD Studios and Creative Imaginations, foam letters from American Crafts (thickers), alpha stickers from Pink Paislee, brads from Creative Imaginations, rhinestones are Crystal Elements. I used an exacto to cut the flower design from patterned paper. I stitching is done by hand. I cut the butterflies using Scenic Route chipboard as a template, added glitter and rhinestones and raised with 3d glue dots.

I am working on some other layouts, but they are for a contest over at MakingMemoriesForYou, and I am not allowed to post them until after the contest ends...so if you want to see them before then you will have to visit the gallery here. The contest opens and entries are due tomorrow, August 3rd so come check it out! I am also busy working on card designs and prep for my upcoming Stamp A Stack, but can't share those yet either. Here's hoping I get a LOT more scrappy time next week!

Hope you all have a great weekend...
hugs, KP

1 comment:

Charissa74 said...

Beautiful layout! Lots of Exacto work -WOW!