Saturday, June 28, 2008

A fun layout to share

I had SOOO much fun making this layout. I love working with circles, and of course everyone knows I love LOVE buttons, so this challenge was right up my alley. For the last round of the Last Scrapper Standing contest that I am playing in, the challenge was to use circles for the layout - we could do anything we wanted, as long as circles were the focus. I created this layout using a 12x12 acrylic sheet as the base...I love how this turned out and will be doing it again for sure! I think it is fun and whimsical, and love how the buttons are floating on the page!


The patterned papers are Creative Imaginations, We are Memory Keepers and BoBunny, the transparency is Hambly Screenprints, the mini alpha stickers are Making Memories, and the chipboard alpha is AC Thickers. I don't know the maker of the felt circle strip, and the miscellaneous buttons are from my collection. The other entries this round are fantastic!! You should check out these AMAZING ladies work HERE! I feel so honored to be playing amongst this talent!!

Thanks for Looking!!

What else is new with us? Not a lot - we are busy, and finding time to scrap is as always my biggest challenge. The kids are done with school, but the little ones will be starting CDI (childcare at the school while off track) for the summer since I am working every day -- it looks like they make it pretty fun for them...I sure hope so! We are gearing up for our trip to New York - my SIL is getting hitched. We are looking forward to a week in a hotel with a pool, and we are planning to see Niagara Falls (and who knows what else we may have time for) while we are there.

As you know, my favorite thing to do (next to scrapping of course) is to visit scrappy sites and message boards looking for inspiration. I love to share ideas and the general love of all things scrappy. I have been sharing a few of my favorites lately, so I wanted to share another NEW FAVORITE!! Making Memories for You has become a new daily visit -- the people there are SO friendly and fun, the chat is lively, and the talent is fantastic!! The gallery is in transition at the moment, so you have to wait a bit on that, but join me over there and jump in the fun!

Well, that is all for now...I am off to clean the scrap area and maybe try to work on a project before bed -- I have been in the sun all afternoon though so I may just read a book instead. Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

KP I love this!

Charissa74 said...

Really nice, KP! I can't wait to hear what the results are.

I've been poking around on MM4U, there are some really nice ladies over there!