Friday, March 28, 2008

Halooooo!

Yep, I am still alive. I can't believe how long it has been since I have posted. Every day I have it on the list of things to do, and every day gets away from me and I don't get to it! It has been a couple of busy weeks, so I have lots of catching up to do!

My husband took the kids camping during spring break -- they had an awesome time! I did not have any vacation time available, so I stayed home...and completely enjoyed 5 days of quiet time, a clean house, a chance to eat, sleep and scrap when I wanted...it was just delightful! My friend Nicole came to have dinner and scrap with me one night, which is a rare and wonderful treat!! And I went on a shopping trip with my mom, and then out for the BEST dinner I have had in ages...mmmmmmm, we went to Bandera for grilled artichoke and Prime Rib, followed by a delightful Creme Brulee. Which means that NOW, I am back on my diet. Bleh.

We had a great Easter...very laid back and fun. The kids enjoyed playing out at my Mom's and seeing their cousins, aunts and uncles. I actually got a few decent photos of egg dying and the hunt...This is the first Easter EVER that I have had anything scrap worthy, so I am looking forward to doing something fun with them.

I start back to work full time soon, so I am trying hard to pack in as much of my other duties as possible before then...which means things are BUSY! But I am so delighted that my work is giving me the opportunity to work more... it really is time, and hopefully it will help!!

I have not updated regarding the "contest" yet -- I had so much fun doing that, and really look forward to other opportunities to learn and grow! One of my competitors, Leah, ended up the grand prize winner, but I am so thrilled to have been in a "runner up" position. Since I never imagined I would make it anywhere near the final three, I certainly can't be disappointed...I feel so honored and proud to have achieved "finalist" status! I got a fabulous prize package from Coordinates Collections...I can't wait to use it! I received several scrap kits from Cloud 9 designs, one from Scrapworks, some Thickers, a book, some MM foam stamps and chipboard...and more! What a wonderful treat! Definitely worth it, so look out next year!

I have completed a few layouts since I last shared with you.

This layout was created for Design Team at Scrappin' with Grace, using the Cosmo Cricket "Cogsmo" line. I really enjoyed working with the Cosmo Cricket Blackboard. These photos are of my middle son, Ethan, back in Kindergarten, with his best buddy. All products are Cosmo Cricket except Dymo label tape.



The next layout is my beautiful daughter, Lauren. I love that she is still willing to "cheese" for me, and I always get a ton of photos of her when I pull out the camera. I decided to do a 2 page layout for this one, as I just could not leave out any of the pics! I used the March kit from Create my Keepsake for this one. Patterned paper and die cuts are Pink Paislee (love this stuff!) Cardstock is Bazzill, Die Cut Cardstock is KI memories, Pop Culture. Felt Flowers are American Crafts and Stampin' Up!, Chipboard alpha is American Crafts, and letter stickers are Doodlebug Designs, flowers are Prima, Crown is grungeboard.


And finally this one is of my oldest, Christian. He will be 13 next month, and the signs of things to come are all there...ALMOST a teen, I can hardly wait! I used the February kit from Create My Keepsake for this one. Patterned papers, alphabet stickers and journaling strip are Collage Press, Felt is Queen and Co, Rub ons are Daisy D's and Heidi Swapp, Ribbon unknown, Chipboard alpha and embellishment are Scenic Route.

No comments: