Monday, May 5, 2008

A Crazy Week, A Crazy Night, and some Crazy Women!

Yep...that's what I have to talk about since my last update. I know, I ALWAYS say life is Crazy...but it is always true! The past week or two have been no exception. I am back to work full time, which is great, but means I have less time than ever, so yeah...CRAZY!! In fact, in the last two weeks I have had my son's birthday, my husband's birthday, my wedding anniversary, my Mother in Law's birthday, a party for a friend's birthday and two of the kids friend's with birthday parties to attend. Yikes!

Can you believe my oldest child has become a teenager! I can't... I am trying to let it sink in. The fact that my house has been TP'ed and I get prank calls from silly children on a regular basis makes it very clear that this is real!! I had the pleasure of having 5 teenage boys to spend the night the weekend before last... THAT was an experience! Aside from losing a night of sleep, I think the part I will carry with me always is the memory of thirteen year old boys (most of which I have known since kindergarten and one of which I gave birth to) telling "That's what she said" jokes till dawn. Painful. I want to laugh, and cry at the same time! Sigh.

I have had a little scrappy time (a very little, but I made it worth it!) and made a gift album for my dear and beautiful friend Nicole, who turned 30 today (well, I guess officially yesterday since it is now after midnight) -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOLE! Here she is at her cutest!


That is one hot momma!! :)

She was totally surprised - which rocked! I was so glad to have been a part of making her day special.
Here she is with her best friend Stephanie, who throws one fantastic party!! Good Times, I tell ya!
Of course, I loved getting a chance for a night with the girls, and got to spend time with the very lovely Charissa - this girl rocks!


AND I got to see my sweet friend Ali, who better email me so we can see eachother more than once a year!!


Here is a group shot -- Aren't we cute?? And isn't it adorable that we all somehow ended up color coordinated. Yep, we are cool.


One more photo...me and my birthday buddy. We made a pact that I am going to wait for her to catch up to me before having any more birthdays of my own. Yes, it is silly that I have friends turning 30... I think it says a lot for my maturity level!! (I also agree that you are as old as you feel - so it works!)



Here is the album I made for her to keep notes and photos to remember her special night. I added some pages for guests to sign, and she can add pics and mementos as well. I used a Maya Road chipboard album, and mostly Pink Paislee products for this book! I had so much fun making this for my friend, and hope she truly enjoys it!!






2 comments:

Sarah said...

You did such an awesome job with that book!! SOOO CUTE!! (plus it was great seeing you friday!!)

Nicole said...

Um I LOVE MY BOOK! How could I not? I am always looking at it! I had the best B-day and I cannot think of any other chicks I would want to spend my bday with!